Monday, September 20, 2010

Unlike Dreams

My dreams ...
I dreamed I killed another,
which will never be my thing.
I'll plead my father to shoot me
with a sling
if I do bad thing
when I am an adult.
I will be ill.

My dream
I own it
like a ream
of papers

And dreams have layers
and thoughts of dignity
because things happen
repeatedly

I dreamed horror
and knew I was an owner
of my dreams

And please!
My favourite reader,
open your eyes

I am only talking about my feelings
that are coming out as visions
Mum, I feel eerily
about the STEADY beats
coming out pounding

THAT WAS ALL MADE BY MY SCARED FEELING
CALLED UNLIKE DREAMS

-Lloyd Hanjana

1 comment:

  1. I love the way your feelings emerge as visions, Lloyd! It makes your writing unique. I would recognize a Lloyd Hanjana poem or rap anywhere! "... and knew I was an owner of my dreams." Great line. Keep writing, Lloyd! I know you will.

    ReplyDelete