Friday, September 17, 2010

Only for You

You are the rhythm that pulsates in my body,
the blossom of my smile at the wake of the day.
You are the reason I have not given up or failed.
You made me realize life is full of possibilities.

You are the fruitful tree that blessed my dreams,
the tallest mountain who raised my self-esteem
You are the words of courage in my hours of strife
and the calming lullaby when I close my weary eyes.

You are the welcoming sanctuary to whom I always turn
when my agitated mind seeks a tranquil place.
You are the restful notes which constantly play
and leave a serene kiss on my beaming face.

You are more to me than just words put together,
filling the bareness with a garden of devotion.
To you, I can bravely reveal the secrets of my ocean,
and they will be safe in the closet of your chest.

You are the sole treasure I carry in my heart,
now and forever, long as I live,
today, and every day that we share each moment.
It is only for you that my love still breathes.

-Zanele Kibido

1 comment:

  1. Zanele! This poem moves me to tears. It is just unspeakably beautiful. Your command of language is compelling, and you inspire me. Please keep writing, dear one.

    ReplyDelete