Monday, September 20, 2010

The Knife that Killed Me

It was the world's bluntest knife (through sight)
The knife that killed me
was once very
honouring and respective

It all happened so fast
and unexpectedly
It did not happen on purpose, that much I know -
but what matters is that
it did happen

I know it happened
because now I sit here
in this tragic and fearful place,
with no one to talk to
or share my feelings with.
I'm in HELL.

It killed me
by stabbing all that I believed in.
Having no compassion
for how I felt.

That day is one of the days I regret most in my life
It was the kind of day nobody should ever wish for.
On that day, I became the world's scariest knife ...
and the worst part is, I killed myself.

I killed myself without the intention to do so,
but I did anyway.
I went on doing what I believed
was plain cruelty, and shameful

I betrayed someone
whom I had once called a friend
I did to them bad things
which I cannot mention.

I killed myself without knowing it,
and now I want to live again ... but how?
We have only one life to live,
and I just wasted mine.

So, in other plain, simple words:
I NEED HELP ON HOW TO LIVE AGAIN.

-Tito Walaza

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Tito. Life is so deeply painful sometimes, and you've cut right into that truth with this one. I feel so much while reading this poem, because I know this experience well. Our innocence feels irretrievable in times like this, but it's always there, resting beneath the shame.

    You take the hard topics of life head on, and I love this about your writing. I am so proud of you. Keep writing; you heal my heart every time.

    ReplyDelete