Monday, September 20, 2010

I Dream ...

I dream of a place where love is in the air,
hatred, sorrow, and compassion are nowhere.

I dream of a world where no one feels ashamed
of themselves, but all have pride and acceptance.

I dream of a place where children play
safely and freely, without thinking, Who's coming to get me?

I dream of those who have nowhere to go,
to sleep
or to eat,
those who were not given a second chance for all that.

Then I think,
What if it were me?

I dream of those who leave school,
who had chances for huge life opportunities.
It might be me,
with those leaving school without a reason.

As I go ahead dreaming,
I dream about me having what I want in life,
from all the effort I've put in to school.

That's my dream.
What's yours?

-Onesimo Rwexana

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful - My dream is that all your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this world of which you dream, Onesimo! Thank you for taking me to it. I really like the way you invite the reader to consider her/his dream at the end of this. Mine is that I will get to see my sweet, clever, talented, brilliant, lovable LEAP students soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep dreaming good things for your life, work at them and you will be surprised, dreams may happen. Cedric

    ReplyDelete