Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Who Am I?

I thought I was cool, without even seeing I was a fool. I used to have a lot of friends, girlfriends, and enemies, and that brought troubles in my life as a young kid.

But it still goes on for my present life. Nothing seems to have changed in the past few years, because I keep listening to my cool friends when they say, "We are enjoying the teenage life so we won't regret anything about it when we are old."

In all of this, I am just trying to figure out who I am.

-Tebogo Old John

2 comments:

  1. Bravo, Tebogo. I see such valuable self-reflection here. I know many young men your age battle the same question: How to move forward from a challenging past, while living a full life.

    This essay will help others who also struggle with catching childhood up to young adulthood, and who strive to evolve into joyful, fulfilled adults. Nice work here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iam one of those teenagers who has asked myself the same question and even fooled myself into thinking that I can also do some of the things that they can do, and yes ofcourse I can because there is nothing that we cannot do if we put our minds to it and I tried out a couple of things thinking that Iam going to be cool too well guess what??? I could'nt believe it when on one day I was able to reflect on my own life and critised my own acts and decided not to do things to impress friends because that act is very hard to maintain...Great work indeed Tebza trust me there are more who have been touched by your work

    ReplyDelete