Saturday, July 24, 2010

Lost Inside Imagination

Listen ...
Deep but not underground
The buried soul rose up
My heart pounded like counting numbers
I was killed and murdered here, in my own imagination

Doubting myself time after time
Scared to tell status because of judgment
Last but not least,
"left outside the house again"
This time not in mine, but in someone else's soul

Never loving before admiring
I loved someone like a newborn baby
If you hear me well, please
"tell me what to do"

Guide him before his failure ...
God knows why.

-Banele Matyeba

1 comment:

  1. Banele: As someone whose once-buried soul has been resurrected over the past six weeks, I so appreciate the "buried soul rose up" line. The idea of being left outside the house, not in one's own soul, but in the being of someone else, is one to which I relate.

    This is powerful writing. Thank you for sharing your talented voice.

    ReplyDelete