Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Desire Destructed by Your So-Called Happiness

I was lonely when
you came and completed
My heart with happiness
So fooled by your sweet talk
Your smart clothes
And your charming face

Not knowing you inside
I turned out to be
A laughing stock to your friends,
An idiot to my friends ...
but you showed me my inside,
My inner beauty.
You lost out on a lot...

Not being patient, you
Crawled like a baby
Instead of moving forward.
You moved backwards
Taking away your dignity
AND
My desire was destructed by
Your so-called happiness

-Asanda Mini

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, Asanda. This is a powerful poem. I once read that it is only through repeated hurt and pain that we find that which is within ourselves that is indestructible. It sounds like you have known pain but are a stronger young woman for it. Thanks for sharing this. -Miss H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asanda, I think this poem is beautiful because it expresses a common theme for young women your age; not all, but many, can find solace in your words, when they read that they are not the only ones to experience betrayal in the search for love.

    It requires courage to share a story like this. That you have a voice to do so is a gift. Keep feeling. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete