Saturday, July 24, 2010

South Africa Is the Destination of Choice

South Africa, my beginnings,
South Africa, my ending
South Africa, my destiny
Africa, my home

I am proudly African
because of Africa's humanity and unity

South Africa is the home
to those who need a home
South Africa is the love
to those who need love
South Africa is the mother land to all
South Africa is the house of exile

Africa is the home of unity,
the home of humanity
If you are in Africa, forget all your problems
and feel at home
Africa is the home to
those who live in it

If you are in Africa, just possess
everything that is in Africa ...
Just be an African

We maybe diverse in culture, skin colour
and home languages ...
but we are all Africans
and we will always be united

Africa my continent, South Africa my country
Madiba my hero, Zuma my president
Bafana Bafana my team of hope
That's why we say
possess everything that is in Africa
and feel wanted and needed

Just be an African.

-Esethu Mngxunyeni

2 comments:

  1. Esethu, this poem makes me feel inspired. I can feel the pride and affinity you have for your country, home and place of origin. I have felt so welcome in your country and equally thrilled to be in the presence of talented, committed students. Thank you for sharing your work. -Miss H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Esethu: I will be an African. I agree with the words in your poem, that Africa is a home to those who need a home, and the love to those who need love. Since my first visit to Kenya one year ago, Africa has been home to me in ways that are almost indescribable … though you portray them well here. Beautiful writing.

    ReplyDelete