Monday, July 26, 2010

Terrifying News

It was a sunny summer day
with birds singing and
smiles everywhere
People rejoicing, chanting,
and mumbling

Came this person with
a sad expression,
like someone took her ice cream ...
disappointment written
all over her face

I made the mistake of
asking what was wrong
I took the cloud on her head
and shared it with her
She gave me the most
terrifing news

My day was turned
into a dark midnight,
full of hurt and sorrow
My jewel didn't shine
no more

-Asanda Mini

1 comment:

  1. Asanda, you are brilliant. I love the way you capture that horrible feeling, when reality shifts so dramatically, due to one awful piece of news. I especially appreciate the images of a face "like someone took her ice cream" and your jewel not shining anymore. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete