Saturday, July 24, 2010

There Was Nobody Like Him

It was when I had a conflict with my friends. They were so much more powerful than I was, but I thought I could stand up for what I what I believed in. The conflict was about one of us who spoke about our group secret. Everyone was angry at me, although I didn't do it.

I was so frustrated that I turned around and walked away. For the next couple of days, everyone seemed to hate me, but I knew one thing: There was nobody like him.

In times like that, you need someone who can make you feel the way you are feeling, who can make you feel stronger and show love to you. He was able to do all of this because we had something in common, which is ...

We could understand each other.

-Asanda Mini

2 comments:

  1. asanda ur poem is fantastic!4rm cacius x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, Asanda. I remember when you wrote this in class. As I told you then, so many young women your age can relate to this. It is as much a story about young love as it is about feeling misunderstood by friends. Both issues are complex, and central to the human experience. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete