Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hero

Sometimes life may seem easy to live, but is it? Every day, we wake up expecting something new. Every day, we tell ourselves that we're tough ... but are we?

Others take life for granted; they take it as a game. They play around, not knowing what the future holds for them. Sometimes we blame God for our bad doings. Teenage girls fall pregnant, and boys are involved in crime. Is that how our mothers and fathers raised us, to be good boys and girls in the house, and start to be bad boys outside?

I'm scared. I'm scared that in the coming future, there will be no youth to stand up and be the leaders of tomorrow. No one will be the hero for the upcoming generations.

But in all of that, who am I to judge? They say it starts with you. I am the future, the hope of tomorrow. But who are you?

-Onesimo Rwexana

1 comment:

  1. One, you are a heroine to me! With words like this, you let me know that you are the future, no matter how discouraging life around you can feel. And when I read this, how can I not join up with you and lead as well?

    Thanks for such inspirational writing. Keep putting out words like these, and perhaps you'll see that change the world so desperately needs.

    ReplyDelete