Friday, August 6, 2010

Opportunities

I still have the opportunity to rectify my previous mistakes. I can still go anywhere around the world. I still have the opportunity to reach my goals. There is still a chance for me to show my relatives that I have the potential to become something in life. Yes, I have the power to change my background.

I still have the opportunity to leave what is behind, and to only focus on what is ahead. I can still take steps forward with my life, because this life is a blessing to me. It is a game I need to play, a challenge I need to face, and the opportunity I need to grab.

-Bongeka Bobo

1 comment:

  1. Bongetta, this poem makes me come alive, and inspires me to keep moving forward. Thank you for reminding me that my best life lies ahead.

    Your voice is clever and creative. Brava, woman. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete