Saturday, October 9, 2010

Homeless

I thought at first I was a king
But I wasn't - I was a member
It took a lot of time to remember
After I knew, I had a feeling of anger

Anger is evil
It took me from feeling to devil
of cruelty
and it decreased my dignity
After that, it dumped me to a place called "streets"

If you have sympathy
you must help strollers by donating money
so you can bring them to their families
I'm not saying it's your responsibility
but try something to build
their feeling to be steady

I think being homeless
isn't a good thing
because you'll feel careless
and that will be your weakness
I think the president must open more business
to decrease strollers' mess

-Lloyd Hanjana

4 comments:

  1. Good one, Lloyd! You are developing a steady collection of poems and raps here. I love that, in this one, you begin by describing a personal experience, and then move into a strong showing of empathy for others who struggle.

    I can't wait to read the next rhyme from your mind. Thanks for sharing so much of yourself with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice poem Lloyd about homelessness. I live in the USA,french citizen, and there are alo a lot of homeless people in the USA. Homeless is a worldwide problem, and you are right, creating more busines and work will help these people to find a job. Good thinking Lloyd. Cedric, USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lloyd,
    I like your writing. I agree with you view of anger. Nothing good comes from anger. Love and joy feed the soul. Continue to write and express your feelings. It will "feed" your soul.
    William

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lloyd. Your poem made me think hard about how it would feel to be homeless. The way you begin sets up a powerful mood and brings the reader along effectively to your message.

    Janet, USA

    ReplyDelete