Thursday, October 28, 2010

Born

When I was about to be born
I was hit by a stone
and was left alone
But I ready to come
and be able to say "Mum"

I asked many questions in that dark
I thought: Where I will my car park?
And how will my dog bark
at night

When I am busy setting a mark
of what I'll do
It isn't clear like a nurse's uniform
which is blue

While I was a fetus
I was thinking of my birthday
and what will I say
when my mum shouted out, "HURRAY!"

But why am I lying?
I don't even know if I was kicking
or maybe crying
I don't know more -
DO YOU?

Now please leave my poem
And rush to ask your mum
If you still have one

1 comment:

  1. Clever poem, Lloyd! Good point: Our mothers know more about the moments of our births than we do! It's so creative of you to write a poem on this idea.

    ReplyDelete