Monday, November 1, 2010

When You Said Our Love Must End

When you said our love must end
My body turned to red
And I am scared
Because if I'll lose you
I will be mad

You said our love will end
My plans of what we will do together end
And life that we should spend
I can't just sit and pretend
that the part of our life we spent
Is enough
We haven't spent a rand
we just spent a cent
of our whole life

I am not a perfect man
But I am not supporting that as a fan
Maybe I MUST GET AN AWARD
for being a coward

I said, "I love you"
because when I am with you
I feel comfortable
because you clear things
Like a sky which is blue
Please give me a clue
of what to do

I am confused?!!

-Lloyd Hanjana

2 comments:

  1. Very poignant. Very sad. You express well this confused and unhappy feeling. You have a real talent for putting feelings into words.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lloyd, this is beautiful. Your peers can relate to this poem, as can many adults. The ending of relationships is painful, and though much poetry is written about it, it seems there are never too many words shed over this topic. Lovely writing ... thank you.

    ReplyDelete