Saturday, March 12, 2011

Praising

I am saying you're an elephant
'cause you struggled for me
You struggle even when you were pregnant
of me

You protected me when I was a weakling
It was like I am a king
wearing a mane
Waiting for you to call me by a name

I'll kneel for you by my knees
'cause you're the only one that feeds
me towards respect
Because of you I know how to act

You broke up with my father
because of me
My mother
You're the only one in my dreams

Mom, I want you to be proud
of me
Even if I am making the crying sound
out loud

My mother, I'll return the huge favour!

-Lloyd Hanjana

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Lloyd! This is an amazing work. Tributary pieces are always lovely, and this one so beautifully speaks of the value of mother, and the gift that she provides. Keep up the phenomenal writing. You are such a gift to this blog.

    ReplyDelete